The House approved five tax bills on July 24. The tax bills cover areas related to health care, IRS administration, and water infrastructure.
The following measures were approved:
- Protect Medical Innovation Bill of 2018 ( HR 184): this bill would amend the tax code to repeal the 2.3-percent excise tax on medical devices.
- Ensuring Integrity in the IRS Workforce Bill of 2018 ( HR 3500): this bill would amend the tax code to prohibit the IRS Commissioner from rehiring any IRS employee previously involuntarily separated from service for misconduct.
- Water and Agriculture Tax Reform Bill ( HR 519): this bill would amend the tax code to facilitate water leasing and water transfers to promote conservation and efficiency.
- Native American Health Savings Improvement Bill ( HR 1476): this bill would amend the tax code to permit individuals eligible for Indian Health Service assistance to qualify for health savings accounts.
- Equitable Access to Care and Health Bill ( HR 1201): this bill would amend Code Sec. 5000A to provide an additional Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) religious exemption from the individual health coverage mandate.